- For the vinaigrette: 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- For the salad: 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup spinach, cleaned and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/8 orange, peeled and sectioned
For the vinaigrette:
1. Place all the ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well.
2. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
For the salad:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Place the spinach in a bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
4. Transfer the dressed spinach leaves to a serving plate. Arrange the orange sections on top and sprinkle with the almonds.