- 1 (6 to 8-pound) fresh or frozen whole turkey breast
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Rinse turkey breast in cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine thyme, sage, pepper and garlic powder in small bowl. Loosen skin of turkey breast by lifting gently and pulling away from meat, leaving attached at neck. Use a sharp knife, if necessary to loosen connecting membrane. Rub herb mixture evenly over breast meat. Replace skin, tucking under bottom of turkey breast.
- Place turkey breast, skin-side-up, on wire rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer into the thickest part of breast; do not let thermometer touch bone.
- Roast uncovered until thermometer reaches 170°F., 2 1/4 to 3 1/4 hours. Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes before carving.